Quick and Easy Dinners for After Thanksgiving
No doubt two little words come to mind when you contemplate what to make for dinner on the day after Thanksgiving: quick and easy. What with all the baking, peeling, roasting, simmering, sauteing, and mashing that you’ve done in the past week, it’s likely both you and your kitchen could use a break. But as sure as the sun will set, here comes dinnertime again. Don’t sweat it. When all the Thanksgiving leftovers have been gobbled up, and you’re in no mood to brave the post-turkey-day crowds at your local restaurants, you can still enjoy a relaxing meal at home in 30 minutes or less. These seven recipes aren’t only quick and satisfying — they’re full of decidedly non-Thanksgiving flavors: not a cranberry or mashed potato in sight!
• Saucy Ground Beef and Noodles. 15 minutes of prep time and 1 pot equals a warm and hearty dinner comforting enough to chase the post-holiday blues away.
• Cheesy Chicken and Vegetables. Serve this one-skillet dinner by itself or spoon over buttered noodles for a even more satisfying dish.
• Peppered Salmon with Quick Ratatouille. Flaky roast salmon and a quick vegetable medley make for a light counterpoint to heavier Thanksgiving fare.
• Italian-Style Enchiladas. When you’ve spent all day snagging up Black Friday bargains, come home and savor the cheesy deliciousness of these cross-cultural enchiladas.
• Fish Fillets au Gratin. It doesn’t get much faster than this — just 10 minutes of prep time. Steam a side of broccoli or boil up some new potatoes while the fish is baking, and you’ve got a delightful (and delightfully light) post-Thanksgiving dinner.
• Meatball Hoagies. Just yesterday after the pumpkin pie, you said you might not eat for another week. We bet the aroma of onions, sweet peppers and marinara sauce simmering on the stove is all you’ll need to change your mind.
• Asian Chicken Noodle Soup. After all the frenetic family bustle of Thanksgiving, this light, ginger-spiced soup is soothing — like a spa treatment for your soul.
Browse even more quick and easy dinner recipes for any night of the week!